Order of Augustinian Recollects (O.A.R.)

Order of Augustinian Recollects (O.A.R.)
4343 Perlita Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90039
Telephone: 323-245-4585

Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2016

SPECIAL SAINTS THIS WEEK / SANTOS DE ESTA SEMANA


Saint Patrick (March 17) is the patrón of Ireland. He was born in Scotland and as a young boy was taken as a slave to Ireland. During this time he turned to God in prayer. After six years as a slave he escaped to England. He studied for a priest and later, as a bishop, went to take the message of the Gospel to the people of Ireland. St. Patrick used the “shamrock” to explain the mystery of the Holy Trinity: Three persons in one God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

There is a beautiful prayer written by St. Patrick:
“Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.”

San Patricio (17 Marzo) es el patrón de Irlanda. El nació en Scotland cuando niño fue llevado como esclavo a Irlanda. Durante este tiempo el regreso a Dios en oración. Después de seis aňos como esclavo escapo a Inglaterra. El estudio para ser sacerdote, y después como obispo fue a llevar el mensaje de Dios a la gente de Irlanda. San Patricio uso trifoliopara explicar el misterio de la Santísima Trinidad: Tres personas en un solo Dios, el Hijo, el Padre y el Espíritu Santo.

Hay una bella oración escrita por San Patricio:
“Cristo conmigo,
Cristo delante de mí,
Cristo detrás de mí,
Cristo dentro de mí,
Cristo debajo de mí,
Cristo arriba de mí,
Cristo a mi derecha,
Cristo a mi izquierda,
Cristo cuando me acuesto,
Cristo cuando me siento,
Cristo cuando me levanto,
Cristo en el corazón de todos que piensan en mí,
Cristo en la boca de todos que hablan de mí,
Cristo en cada ojo que me mira,
Cristo en cada oído que me escucha.”


Saint Joseph (March 19) the foster-father of Jesus and the husband of Mary, was a humble man. We know very little about his life but Scripture tells us that Joseph was just, pure, gentle and obedient to the divine will. We know that the only meaning of our life is to be faithful to the Lord until the last day, as Joseph was. St. Joseph is the patron of the dying because he died with Jesus and Mary close to him. St. Joseph is also patron of the Universal Church, fathers and carpenters.

We pray: St. Joseph, foster-father of Jesus, watch over your Church as carefully as you watched over Mary and Jesus. Protect and guide the Church. May your inspiration be an example to all of the fathers and all of the men in our families and community.

Amen.

San José (19 de Marzo) el padre adoptivo de Jesús y el esposo de María, era un hombre humilde. Sabemos muy poco acerca de su vida, pero la Escritura nos dice que José era justo, puro, dócil y obediente a la voluntad divina. Sabemos que el único significado de nuestra vida es ser fiel al Señor hasta el último día, como José era. San José es el patrón de los moribundos porque Jesús y María muero cerca del él. José es también es el patrón de La Iglesia Universal, padres y carpinteros.

Oremos: San José, padre adoptivo de Jesús, vela sobre tu Iglesia como cuidaste a María y Jesús. Protege y guía la Iglesia. Que tu inspiración sea ejemplo a los padres y a todos los hombres en nuestras familias y comunidad.
Amen